Give Me Goodwood On A Summers Day And You Can Forget The Rest Of World..
Goodwood Revival one of the most, if not THE most talked about and visited vintage festivals here in the UK.
People attend in there thousands and from all across the globe to take a step back in time to a glamorous era and celebrate the wonderful bygone eras of motorsport and fashion .. however they are not gone .. they are here it's all here at Goodwood Revival.. 3 days of pitstop madness upclose to those classic one off cars .. dancing shopping and so much more !!
Hold on to your petticoats and let's travel back in time to this remarkable event .. kicking off with outfits!
Dressing up really is a must .. (Trust Me) not dressing up will certainly have you standing out in the crowd (not in the right way ) .. i mean we are back in in 1940 , 1950 or even 1960 right ! .. you choose, either way dressing up is key .. and adds to the experience of the day, whether you choose original vintage style or reproduction.. Go for it ! have fun ..
You can come and visit us at Get Ready For Goodwood Market where you can try on our 1940s & 50s pieces ..
At Revival you can take part in the daily Best Dressed Competition at 1500hrs each day. It gives us the chance to applaud the period detail and/or wit involved in the most impressive ensembles.
The Best Dressed competition is of course a light-hearted way to celebrate retro clothing and design, but if you are keen to make the final shortlist then there are ways to impress our judges.
Our Best Dressed judges are all about the details. As experts in fashion and culture of the 1940s - 60s, the key is authenticity, whether that is by using original garments and accessories from that period or relying on more modern pieces to capture the essence of a vintage look.
What to wear to Goodwood Revival.. ??
Here are my Top 3 - 1940s Easy to wear & pair dresses ..
1. The beautiful Mabel dress With a little of Hollywood’s South Pacific in the flattering sarong skirt, and a hint of the English lady in the elegantly tailored top, ‘Mabel’ is a dream of a forties dress. add a faux fur some 40s styled wedge sandals and some seam stockings to really add that touch of sophisticated glamour to this outfit...
2. The ever classic Dorothy dress, with no ration spared on details .. beautiful pin tucked front and peter pan collar with sash styled bet.. Gloves and some matching glasses definitely adds a touch of 40s flare ...
3. The ever stylish 1945 Peggy wrap dress, a super versatile dress easily worn dressed up or down , however a good flat pump style shoe with the Peggy dress offers a great jive look ..
Now To The Fabulous 1950s.. In the 1950's right after world war 2 the golden age arose. Such an inspiring period of fashion, the 1950s brought exciting trends like tailored dresses with full skirts, large overcoats with fur trim, polka dot prints, poodle skirts, saddle shoes, padded suit coats, double-breasted suits, and much more. We still see many nods to 50's fashion today.
My top 3 - 1950s outfits are again easy to style up or down .. and accessorize..
1. Classic in style and fabulous in fit makes the Charlene dress so classy .. so easy to wear and style up or down , the colours in this traditional tiki print allows accessorizing to be a breeze .. (think hair flowers and wicker bag) it is now 1950s Hawaii..
2. The Casey dress .. shirt dress has super flexible fitting and the skirt is full enough for a petticoat giving this dress some extra va va voom .. a good vintage bag/clasp purse will really set this dress off ..
3. The Beverly skirt, the ultimate swing skirt with pockets .. wear with a petticoat to show its full beauty, from kitten heels to Converse this classic will have you looking and feeling fabulous ..
So there you have it , my top outfits that can offer instant vintage style and a super classic look .. easy to wear and pair and accessorize .. Pinterest and Google images are also a great way for you to get inspiration for your Goodwood Revival style ..
Need a hand with your hair ?? no problem book yourself a spot with the ever-fabulous Betty's Hair Salon .. (Make Sure You Book In Advance )
The event is held over 3 days and i am not going to lie there is soo much to see and do that you may not get it all done in one day .. each time i have visited Goodwood Revival it has left me me buzzing and wanting more .. and excited for the following year ..
Things to do whilst at Goodwood Revival ..
From the race track to paddocks full of classic cars such as Ferrari Daytona GTO, Jaguar E Type fastback.. and Original Shelby Cobra V8 to list a few .. you will find also a wonderful airfield full of Spitfires and Hurricanes .. they are remarkable .. you can get up close to all of these fabulous machines! great photo opportunity .. yep .. that's me pictured below :)
As if all of this isn't enough there are lots of places to watch the dancing or indeed join in .. Gasoline Alley is a fave of mine .. i love people watching i could literally do this all day ..
You will also find plenty of stops for food and drinks .. although you can take your own food in too so a picnic and people watching is always a winner!
With hundreds of vintage shops and small businesses trading at this event there are always some vintage treasures to be found here too .. the cars for sale here to are unreal .. definitely worth checking out!
Across the bridge ..and over the the road you will find a truly stunning vintage funfair.. most powered by steam .. they are exquisite with even more shops .. the Wall of Death.. an outdoor cinema which is FREE you just need to book in advance .. they even provide the popcorn!! you get to sit inside classic cars too .. i mean how cool is this !!
As you move around this amazing festival .. each and every person dressed to an era bygone is truly magical .. it really is a fun packed fabulous day! so memorable..
Believe me, once you've stepped into this amazing world of wonder you will want to do it again and again .. i will of course be in the crowd.. and as always will be looking out for you wonderful lot Rockin The Romance .. our full collection of 1940s and 1950s pieces can be found here .. www.RocknRomanceVintage.com .. I look forward to seeing you all there .. As always much love and thank you for reading .. xX
Photo of me and my two children :)xx