https://youtube.com/shorts/AxRXGV2iix8?feature=shareGive Me Goodwood On A Summers Day And You Can Forget The Rest Of World..
Goodwood Revival one of the most, if not THE most talked about and visited vintage festivals here in the UK.
People attend in there thousands and from all across the globe to take a step back in time to a glamorous era and celebrate the wonderful bygone eras of motorsport and fashion .. however they are not gone .. they are here it's all here at Goodwood Revival.. 3 days of pitstop madness upclose to those classic one off cars .. dancing shopping and so much more !!
Hold on to your petticoats and let's travel back in time to this remarkable event .. kicking off with outfits!
Dressing up really is a must .. (Trust Me) not dressing up will certainly have you standing out in the crowd (not in the right way ) .. i mean we are back in in 1940 , 1950 or even 1960 right ! .. you choose, either way dressing up is key .. and adds to the experience of the day, whether you choose original vintage style or reproduction.. Go for it ! have fun ..
You can come and visit us at Get Ready For Goodwood Market where you can try on our 1940s & 50s pieces ..
At Revival you can take part in the daily Best Dressed Competition at 1500hrs each day. It gives us the chance to applaud the period detail and/or wit involved in the most impressive ensembles.
Here are my Top 3 - 1940s Easy to wear & pair dresses ..
1. The beautiful Mabel dress With a little of Hollywood’s South Pacific in the flattering sarong skirt, and a hint of the English lady in the elegantly tailored top, ‘Mabel’ is a dream of a forties dress. add a faux fur some 40s styled wedge sandals and some seam stockings to really add that touch of sophisticated glamour to this outfit...
2. The ever classic Dorothy dress, with no ration spared on details .. beautiful pintucked front and peter pan collar with sash styled bet.. Gloves and some matching glasses definitely adds a touch of 40s flare ...
3. The ever stylish 1945 Peggy wrap dress, a super versatile dress easily worn dressed up or down , however a good flat pump style shoe with the Peggy dress offers a great jive look ..
Now To The Fabulous 1950s.. In the 1950's right after world war 2 the golden age arose.
My top 3 - 1950s outfits again easy to style up or down .. and accessorize..
1. Classic in style and fabulous in fit makes the Charlene dress so classy .. so easy to wear and style up or down , the colours in this traditional tiki print allows accessorizing to be a breeze .. (think hair flowers and wicker bag) it is now 1950s Hawaii..
2. The Casey dress .. shirt dress fitting however the skirt is full enough for a petticoat giving this dress some extra va va voom .. a good vintage bag/clasp purse will really set this dress off ..
3. The Beverly skirt, the ultimate swing skirt with pockets .. wear with a petticoat to show its full beauty , from kitten heels to converse this classic will have you looking and feeling fabulous ..
So there you have it , my top outfits that can offer instant vintage style and a super classic look .. easy to wear and pair and accessorize .. Pinterest and Google images are also a great way for you to get inspiration for your Goodwood Revival style ..
Need a hand with you hair ?? no problem book yourself a spot with ever fabulous Betty's Hair Salon .. (Make Sure You Book In Advance )
The event is held over 3 days and i am not going to lie there is soo much to see and do that you may not get it all done in one day .. each time i have visited Goodwood Revival it has left me me buzzing for the following year ..
From the race track to paddocks full of classic cars such as Ferrari Daytona GTO, Jaguar E Type fastback.. and Original Shelby Cobra V8 to list a few .. you will find also a wonderful air field full of Spitfires and Hurricanes .. they are remarkable .. you can get up close to all of these fabulous machines !
As if all of this isnt enough there are lots of places to watch the dancing or indeed join in .. Gasoline Alley is a fave of mine ..
You will also find plenty of stops for food and drinks .. although you can take your own food in too so a picnic people watching is always a winner !
With hundreds of vintage shops and small businesses trading at this event there are always some vintage treasures to be found here too ..
Across the the bridge .. you will find a truly stunning vintage funfair.. with even more shops .. the wall of death .. an out door cinema which is FREE you just need to book in advance .. they even provide the pop corn!! you get to sit inside classic cars too .. i mean how cool is this !!
As you move around this amazing festival .. each and every person dressed to an era bygone is truly magical .. it really is a fun packed fabulous day !
Believe me once you've stepped into amazing world of wonder you will want to do it again and again .. i will be looking out for outfits .. I look forward to seeing you all there .. X